Breast Lift Newport Beach
Beautify Enhance Renew
Why Do You Need a Breast Lift?
To Restore Perky Breasts
The loss of collagen and elastin thins the skin, making it unable to support the underlying breast tissues. A breast lift tightens the tissues, which raises, firms, and reshapes the breasts into a more attractive and youthful contour. Uplifted breasts help women feel more comfortable with their bodies in social and intimate settings.
To Reduce Areola Size
The areola is the dark skin around the nipple that is positioned in the center of the breast. Genetics, weight fluctuations, and pregnancy affect the size, symmetry, and position of the nipple/areola complex. Breast lift surgery can shrink large areolas, reposition drooping or asymmetrical areolas, and enhance women’s confidence in the sensual appearance of the nipples.
To Enhance Breast Comfort
Sagging breasts also create physical discomfort. When the breasts drop significantly, the skin on the bottom of the breast rubs against the skin on the upper abdomen, causing chafing and skin rashes. Severely sagging breasts can also feel bulky and uncomfortable when going without a bra. Breast lift surgery eases physical comfort.
Designing Your Breast Lift
- The crescent lift is ideal for women experiencing slight sagging with little to no displacement of the nipple/areola complex and minimal excess skin.
- A crescent of tissue above the top half of the areola is removed, and the tissues are tightened slightly.
- This option is the least invasive, and scarring will be limited to the upper region of the areola. This scar will be hidden within the darker skin.
- The Benelli lift is appropriate for women with minimal sagging and some nipple asymmetry.
- Two concentric incisions circle the areola, and a donut-shaped area of tissue is removed. The incisions are brought together, resulting in a more compact and lifted breast.
- While the incision encircles the areola, the scar is still well-hidden within the darker region of the areola.
- The lollipop lift, or keyhole lift, will aid women with moderate sagging and stretched nipple/areola complexes.
- A circular incision is made around the areola that extends vertically from the bottom of the areola down to the breast crease.
- Tissues are tightened, and excess skin is removed.
- This technique allows the areolas to be resized or repositioned.
- The circular scar around the areola will be easily hidden, but there will be a vertical scar on the lower pole of the breast.
- The lollipop lift effectively lifts low-hanging breasts.
- The anchor lift, or inverted-T, is the incision option of choice for women with severe or significantly sagging breasts.
- This technique employs the most extensive incisions. A lollipop lift will extend to include a horizontal incision along the inframammary fold (breast crease).
- Loose tissue is tightened, and excess skin is removed.
- Drooping or downward-pointing nipples/areolas are lifted, resized, and repositioned on the breast.
- While scars will develop along the incisions, this option allows for the most considerable amount of correction.
While every woman recovers at her own rate, most breast lift patients find the recovery period to be easily manageable. Most women return to work and their normal activities within one week of their operation, but all vigorous exercise (especially movement of the upper body) should be avoided for at least six weeks.
Breast lift patients will be wrapped in a compression garment following their surgery. This garment will facilitate the healing process by reducing swelling, stimulating blood circulation, and ensuring that the breasts heal in the correct position. This garment is worn for several weeks before you transition to a sports bra. An underwire bra should not be worn until the incisions have completely healed.
Scarring will develop at the incision sites; therefore, the extent of post-breast lift scarring will depend on your type of breast lift. Dr. Grazer understands that post-surgical scarring is a concern for many women, and he does everything he can during the procedure to make this scarring as small as inconspicuous as possible.
All resulting scars will fade with time and can be easily covered with bras and bathing suits. Some patients find it beneficial to apply silicone strips and gel to the incision sites to reduce the appearance of scars.
No two breast lift procedures are the same. The cost of your breast lift will vary depending on the techniques, how much breast sagging (ptosis) was present, and whether any other breast procedure was performed in combination with your breast lift.
Additional cost factors include anesthesia, pre-surgical tests, post-surgical wrappings and medications, facility fees, and surgical fees. Dr. Grazer will provide you with an accurate cost estimate during your consultation that will take all the above factors into consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a breast lift decrease the size of the breasts?
A breast lift creates a more compact breast. While some women feel as though their breasts are smaller after a breast lift, there will not be a significant change in size. If you desire a substantial change, a breast reduction will need to be performed in combination. Alternatively, a breast augmentation with implants can add the desired volume.
Will a breast lift be painful?
Breast lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia to eliminate any pain during or immediately after the procedure. Minimal pain may develop once the anesthesia wears off. This discomfort can usually be relieved with prescription medication, over-the-counter medication, or ice packs.
The majority of this discomfort is experienced during the first 24 to 48 hours of your recovery.
What risks are present with breast lift surgery?
Serious or long-term complications are rare with breast lift surgery; however, they are possible. These risks include:
- Negative reactions to anesthesia
- Prolonged swelling
- Changes in skin or nipple sensation
You can reduce your chance of these complications by following all of Dr. Grazer’s instructions and following a healthy lifestyle. Patients should not smoke during their recovery.
Will my results be permanent?
Your breasts will maintain their uplifted breast position and improved breast shape for many years following a breast lift. The breasts will continue to age, and weight fluctuations or pregnancy may expedite this process. Women can maintain the appearance of their breasts my maintaining a stable weight and wearing a supportive, well-fitting bra.