Mommy Makeover in Newport Beach
Beautify Enhance Renew
What Are Your Needs?
Breast Lift and Augmentation
While a stretched tummy and excess weight may be the most obvious signs of pregnancy, the breasts undergo a significant amount of change as well. Especially after breastfeeding, a woman’s bust can appear saggy and deflated. A breast lift is designed to restore the perkiness of the breast tissue, while a breast augmentation restructures the shape and fullness. In some cases, only one procedure may be needed. This procedure is also a good opportunity to attain a chest size or shape that you may have wanted even before pregnancy.
Perhaps the most drastic change to a woman’s body during pregnancy is the rapid expansion of her abdominal area. As your abdomen expands, muscles become separated, and the skin becomes stretched. A tummy tuck corrects these issues by tightening the abdominal muscles and excising excess skin from the waist. Stretch marks caused by pregnancy can also be removed during this procedure, and pockets of fat hiding in the excess skin will also be removed. The result is a more toned midsection.
Even after you have lost some of the weight from your pregnancy, it is possible and common for stubborn pockets of fat to remain in the body. This often remains the case even after diet and exercise. While some of this fat can be removed during a tummy tuck, any remaining fat can be handled through a liposuction procedure. A small tube is inserted into areas like the arms, back, midsection, thighs, and hips to remove stubborn deposits of fat. When done in tandem with a tummy tuck procedure, dramatic results to your body shape can be achieved.
Designing Your Mommy Makeover
- During your consultation, Dr. Grazer will conduct an examination and listen to your goals to develop a plan for your procedures. During this time, he will make a recommendation on which surgeries you can benefit from and how to customize them to your specific needs. At the end of the consultation, Dr. Grazer will answer any questions about the process you may have.
- Ideal candidates for the Mommy Makeover are women who do not smoke, have realistic expectations for their surgeries, and are no longer planning on becoming pregnant since all of the improvement to your figure resulting from the procedure will be lost to another pregnancy.
- Since a Mommy Makeover utilizes three separate major cosmetic procedures, a board-certified anesthesiologist will administer IV (intravenous) sedation and local anesthesia to provide the most comfortable and safe surgery possible.
- Before your procedure, it is best to avoid any anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g., aspirin or ibuprofen) for at least two weeks since these drugs thin the blood and could exacerbate bleeding. Patients should also refrain from smoking for two weeks and alcohol for one week.
Combining Multiple Procedures
- Breast lift and breast augmentation: There are many different implant and incision options for breast augmentation to achieve your desired bust size and shape. A breast lift also has almost many technique variations that will help you achieve your ideal bust.
- Tummy tuck: Dr. Grazer will make an incision from hip to hip that will tuck beneath the bikini line. The length of the incision may change depending on the extent of the correction. Abdominal muscles will be tightened, and any excess skin will be excised.
- Liposuction: A small tube called a cannula will be inserted into the areas of the body with excess fat stores. Fat will then be suctioned out in order to create the desired body shape.
Dr. Grazer will provide you a list of instructions following your Mommy Makeover procedure that will help to expedite your recovery process. It is essential that you remain well-rested, limit physical activity, and take any medication that is prescribed to you by Dr. Grazer. A compression garment should be worn to reduce swelling.
Dr. Grazer will also let you know how soon to schedule a follow-up appointment to ensure that everything is healing properly.
Each of the Mommy Makeover procedures comes with its own set of scarring, but it is important to remember that while Dr. Grazer is performing the surgery, he is doing everything he can to make the scarring as minimal as possible. All scarring will fade with time, but limiting exposure to sunlight can help to minimize the prominence.
Each Mommy Makeover case is different, and the price of each procedure will reflect the extent of the correction and the techniques that will be used during the surgery. Anesthesia, surgical, and facility fees are also factored into the cost of the surgery. Because it is necessary to know precisely what is being done before creating an estimate, Dr. Grazer will provide you with a detailed quote after your consultation has been completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
How safe is a Mommy Makeover?
Combining all of the Mommy Makeover procedures into one surgery means you only need to go under anesthesia and take the typical surgical risks once, drastically minimizing the likelihood that a complication will arise.
How much does a Mommy Makeover cost?
Because every woman’s body has reacted to motherhood differently, each Mommy Makeover procedure will cost a different amount depending on the factors of the surgery.
Do I have to undergo all three procedures?
No, you can decide which procedures you would like to undergo and which to skip. It is important to keep in mind that some results are only attainable through certain procedures, so you may want to consider the pros and cons before skipping any available options.
What is the recovery like after a Mommy Makeover?
Following your surgery, you will be required to have someone drive you home, and you will also need assistance in the first 24 to 48 hours of recovery. You should also expect some swelling, which will last anywhere between a few days and several weeks. You may experience some discomfort or pain, which can be managed through prescription medication.
Exercise should be avoided for at least six weeks, but most patients are able to resume normal activities after two weeks.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A Mommy Makeover combines a tummy tuck, a breast lift and augmentation, and liposuction to help reverse the effects that pregnancy and childbirth have on a woman’s body. By undergoing all of these procedures at once, you can minimize recovery time and expedite dramatic results.
When should I get a Mommy Makeover?
The best time to undergo Mommy Makeover is after you have finished bearing children and are no longer planning on becoming pregnant. While the results of a Mommy Makeover are permanent, weight fluctuations and pregnancy can reverse the work that has been done.